Without clarity you cannot move forwards.
Without clarity your attempts at change are faltering.
Without clarity you go around in circles.
Without clarity you feel stuck.
You take a few steps, try to make a change, but you lose enthusiasm and give up. You long to get out of where you are but you feel like you just treading water. You know you need to make a change, but you feel rooted to the ground with inaction and fear.
With clarity you can move forwards, in fact clarity makes the next step obvious and easy.
With clarity you have the confidence to do what you need to
The stronger your clarity the less power fear has over you.
Getting clarity is a process. It’s not something that comes like a bolt of lightning without having done the groundwork; without have been curious, questioned and thought about what will bring you satisfaction.
One of the most effective ways I find of getting clarity is asking powerful questions.
Here’s my top 10 questions for clarity – ones I’ve used throughout my own life, to drive my change and that I use to help bring my clients to clarity, and therefore move them forwards, every day:
1. What would you do if you knew you could not fail?
2. Imagine looking back on your life at 80, what would you regret not having done?
3. Where is there joy for you; when does time fly?
4. What do you want more of in your life?
5. What do you want less of in your life?
6. What did you love doing as a child?
7. What do you do naturally, with ease that others find difficult (if you don’t know the answer to this, ask someone)?
8. If you could have anything happen in your life (imagine you had a magic wand), what would it be?
9. If money were no object what would you do?
10. When you take reason and logic out of the equation, what do you instincts tell you to do?
Ask yourself these daily. Ask yourself them when you feel wobbly. Ask yourself them when you feel confident. Ask yourself them when you are most frustrated. Ask yourself them when you are most joyful. Journal about them. Draw the answers. Think about them before you go to bed. Meditate on them.
Do whatever you can to make this enquiry part of your life and it will reward you by giving you the clarity you need to move on.