The benefits of juice are manifold. It's amazing stuff! If you want to try some juice, but don't have a juicer, there's no problem. Here's how:
- Chop up the most water-rich ingredient you have (for me the lime and cucumber), put it in the blender and blend until it is a liquid.
- Add the remaining ingredients in order of water content with the highest first (I did apple and ginger and then finally the spinach) blending each time you have good amount of chopped produce in the jug. Continue until all the fruit and veg are well-combined and you have a thick liquid.
- Put the nut milk bag, muslin (or tights!) over the mixing bowl and secure them well around the edge using something like an elastic band.
- Pour the liquid from the blender into the straining material. Gather up the sides of cloth and pull them together so that you have a 'bag' of the liquid. Then, using your hands, gently squeeze the liquid inside the bag over the mixing bowl – the juice will gradually flow through the holes in the cloth into the bowl. Be patient, depending on how much you have made this process could take 5 or so minutes.
- You'll be left with the dry pulp of the produce inside the cloth, empty this into your composter or bin…go back to the mixing bowl and pour the juice into a jug.
- Enjoy your juice!